Keep Skating


     Today I went to the ice rink for the second time and I already felt like an insider in a sense. One of my friends that went with me struggled with skating on ice, and because I learned enough to move on ice, I helped her. Which is pretty ironic since not too long ago, my brother along with a little kid I had never met before were the ones who had to help me. I have pushed myself to learn how to skate and learn the "ins" and "outs" of the ice rink. After a few hours of helping each other skate and me analyzing the place once more, I feel that I have just enough to add to my guide. I analyzed how people behaved, dressed, and even how they skated. I took several pictures and I surprisingly had a little conversation with the other workers there. One of the workers is a friend of mine from school, and I asked her numerous questions that I believe will help my guide.
     My experiences at the ice rink are memorable, and I even came out of my comfort zone in some ways. Certain aspects of skating and the place itself can be challenging, yet it was worth experiencing and overcoming. One of the challenges would be skating without holding onto the object that people hold on to while skating. Although that may sound like nothing but a tiny step, it was a huge step for me to take. I might just become a complete insider to this place.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Hoping to Spend My Sundays On Ice