Hoping to Spend My Sundays On Ice

     Hey lovely people, it is a Sunday afternoon as I am typing this in my bed and a realization came to me that my Sundays are no longer going to be spent in bed, but rather on ice.

    From the previous blogs about my project, I have chosen the ice rink to be my place because not only does it meet the requirements, but it also gives me a chance to try something new. Plus, it is the perfect time for me to ice skate considering winter isn’t too far from now. During the three years of attending my school, I have yet to step inside the ice rink that was right beside it. I am completely oblivious to what it is like to be in the shoes of ice skaters, in this case, ice skates. Because of my oblivion, I might just follow these steps here. I’m pretty sure outsiders would follow them as well. Choosing this place for my project will push me to understand how it feels to glide across ice, or fail to, and to experience an unfamiliar environment.

     As someone who has never been in the inside of an ice rink, always watching from the screens of the TV, fascination has not lost me. I would assume outsiders like me would feel the same. Watching someone effortlessly glide, spin and do insane jumps is intriguing yet chilling. For an insider, there is no doubt that it could be chilling for them as well. I cannot even imagine how many mistakes and injuries they've endured to get where they are now. Professional or not, ice skating possesses drive and strength. To risk falling in public? That is bravery I wish to have, and I hope to develop it after going ice skating. I hope by the end of this project, I would have developed a connection with this ice rink. I wish to have been imprinted by this place, and by the people here. To build friendships and to create memories I wish to look back to years from now. This place might just make my life more exciting.

http://www.syracuse.ny.us/parks/sunnycrestRink.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Skating

My Introduction